I've always been annoyed when I use Hummingbird's Exceed program that the beep (bell) sound is horribly loud. Well, I've been listening to music via headphones while doing testing and I almost crapped my pants when the bell went off in my ears... It was so frigging loud!
So, I did some research and found that in order to fix this, it's actually a change on the server (what I call the server) side.
So, I ssh to the Solaris system from my WinXP system. Then I run ' &' such that the GUI I need is displayed back to my WinXP system. It turns out that I need to run 'xset -b b 0' (Also could use xset -b b off).
Viola! No more opportunities to crap my pants by scaring myself.
Pretty neat.. than editing the registry .. the other solution i found
Thanks! I was having the same issue. It was driving me nuts.
Post a Comment